From: Leon Brocard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 2:39 PM

> dcross - David Cross sent the following bits through the ether:
>
> > Not sure I like the idea of 'organised' social meetings. Sounds a bit
too
> > 'SPUG' to me. However, I'm quite happy to listen to any alternative
> > opinions.
>
> Well, we *could* have a formal agenda for the social meeting, starting
> off my voting in the new social meeting committee, and voting for how
> many beers we will drink in the first hour (and what muffins to
> supply)... BUT:

:)

> We have to book a room. Not doing so is silly, considering 30 or so
> people turned up and we only had one table. I blame mstevens ;-) Where
> will the next social be? Book the room now!

Booking a room is a good idea, but whenever we've tried this before pubs
have been loathe to give space to such a small group. David Cantrell once
wasted most of an afternoon calling pubs. If anyone has any suggestions for
venues that would allow us to book a room, please let us know. If anyone
wants to volunteer to try to organise this for next month then I'm sure
we'll all be very grateful.

Blaming mstevens is a good idea too. He's gone very quiet. I reckon he's
embarassed :)

named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
re-send this communication to the sender and delete the
original message or any copy of it from your computer
system.