Thought you might be interested in this post from our frind the Hereford
Killer. Someone posted some code that used for(;;) loops. And this was bk's
response:

<begin_quote>
Erm, My eyes keep darting to your FOR loops. For is mainly used in
javascript, and perl doesnt handle them, mainly because of the semicolons
used to split the operations. Instead of for, use foreach, because thats
close to the perl equivalent of for. I'm not sure exactly what that would
translate to into perl, but if you want to do something in a foreach loop,
it would look like

foreach $ArrayItemYouNeedToChange (@TheArray) {
#do this
}

Remember, for loops are for JS, not perl. You cant use semicolons in perl,
unless theyre before a carriage return.
<end_quote>

And this from someone who describes himself as a "PERL Master".

named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
re-send this communication to the sender and delete the
original message or any copy of it from your computer
system.