From: "Greg McCarroll" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> * Martin Ling ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 01:30:42PM +0100, Chris Ball wrote:
> > > That's genius! I know, I'll call it.. Charismatic Leadership Theory.
> > > Wait. Someone already did, rather a long time ago now.. :)
> > Don't start me on all the stating-the-obviousness in psychology.

> I have some obvious theories about psychology - such as why psychologists
> never get invited to parties.

<ob Douglas Adams>
The principle of generating small amounts of finite improbability
by  simply  hooking  the  logic circuits of a Bambleweeny 57 Sub-
Meson Brain to an atomic vector plotter  suspended  in  a  strong
Brownian  Motion  producer  (say  a  nice hot cup of tea) were of
course well understood - and such generators were often  used  to
break  the  ice  at  parties  by  making all the molecules in the
hostess's undergarments leap simultaneously one foot to the left,
in accordance with the Theory of Indeterminacy.

Many respectable physicists said that they weren't going to stand
for  this  -  partly  because it was a debasement of science, but
mostly because they didn't get invited to those sort of parties.
</ob DA>

/Robert