Jonathan Peterson wrote:
> Probably all you people who program for a living think this is
> [crap/obvious/can be done in 3 bytes] but I liked it:
>
> $|++; print qw(\ | / -)[$i%4]."\r"; $|--;
>
> Put a spinning progress thing in your loops...

Hm, if you knew autoflushing was turned off before you started, you could
replace the "$|++" with "$|--" for nice symmetry, and watch people's minds
go wonky as they try to figure out why you're only decrementing. (The more
enterprising amongst the audience might have a look in the source).

--$|-as-toggle was something I learned from Abigail, I think. Offered
without explanation, of course.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.