"Jonathan Peterson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that you always send your CID when
> you make a phone call. If you choose to withhold the ID, it still gets
> sent, it just gets sent with a 'do not disclose' flag set, which all (BT
> approved) phones and services (like 1471) must honour. Therefore it should
> be easy for BT themselves to offer something that can bar CID witheld
> calls.
>
> But this might be wrong, or might just be how the US system works or
> something.

This is basically right but some ways of making a call don't send any
CLI at all and the US and UK systems are different.

The BT specs are online:-

<http://www1.btwebworld.com/sinet/227v3p1.pdf>

--
1024/D9C69DF9 steve mynott [EMAIL PROTECTED]
the difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter