On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 02:27:40AM -0700, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> Anyway, PDF is easier re: packing/endianness since it's a text format!
> The only time you get binary data is for unencoded streams (which they advise
> against, although it's permitted, for example PDFlib generates it)
> like a << /Filter /FlateDecode streamzlib-deflated-dataendstream >>

Not quite, it's a human-readable binary format. All the indexes rely on
offsets in the file, and the various fun with the newline conventions
mean that in my book, it's a binary format, you can't just go along and
edit it with a text editor, because it won't work anymore. Sure, the only
bits that are non-*ASCII* are the streams, but even so...

MBM