On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 03:57:08PM +0100, Dave Thorn wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 03:59:54PM +0100, Simon Wistow wrote:
> > Dave Thorn wrote:
> >
> > > that settles it, yes.  everything's for sale, even pride.
> >
> > London Pride?
>
> obviously.  they don't just give it away or hoard it, y'know?

There were posters up at London Bridge station about a promotion where the
pubs on various of the London stations were giving away free pints, different
days for different stations. I first saw the poster on May 5th.
The promotions were either on May 3rd or May 2nd.
Now, as the poster had a nice big picture of London Pride on it (IIRC) it
is unlikely that I would have walked past it for even 1 day without noticing
it. So I wonder if the cheeky buggers only put the posters up after the event.

Nicholas Clark