On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:17, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote;

  > However most of gotos appear to be in the tokenizer and in the
  > regular expression engine. Thoee are based on state machines, and
  > IMHO gotos are legitimate in state machines.

Right, and we all know that every program can be considered a state
machine, as it has a set of states and means of transitioning between
those states.

So, therefore goto is valid everywhere!  :-)
--
Sam Vilain, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we
  are permitted to remain children all our lives.
ALBERT EINSTEIN