Thanks Patrick!
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 7:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: LPRng: Question about "lpc move"
> From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Nov 9 07:13:11 2000
> From: "Fouquet, Errol" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: LPRng: Question about "lpc move"
> Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 07:17:52 -0700
>
>
> I am using: Version LPRng-3.6.13
>
> O.K. ... I was playing around with "lpc move" this morning and I have a
few
> questions. Let me start by setting up the scenario. When I came into work
> this morning I noticed that one of my plotter queues had 6 jobs spooled ,
> while the two plotters next to it were idle. I decided to move some of
these
> jobs to the neighboring plotters to balance things. So I have 3 active
> queues, 1 with 6 jobs, and 2 with none.
>
> I did the following:
> lpc move n0216-1050c3 760 n0216-1050c1
> and the output indicates success:
> Printer: n0216-1050c3@tarpon
> n0216-1050c3: selected 'zehplot@zehsystem+760'
> kill server PID 18924 with SIGUSR1
> n0216-1050c3@tarpon: move done
>
> by the way ... the job 'zehplot@zehsystem+760' was the 6th job in the
queue.
> O.K. ... so I moved the last job in the n0216-1050c3 queue to
n0216-1050c1.
> Just to be sure I do:
> lpc lpq n0216-1050c1
> and see:
> Printer: n0216-1050c1@tarpon
> Queue: no printable jobs in queue
> Status: job 'zehplot@zehsystem+743' removed at 09:09:03.848
>
> no printable jobs in queue?
> What happened to the job I moved?
>
> I did a "lpc lpq n0216-1050c3" and found that the job was listed as "moved
> -> n0216-1050c1" ... but it wasn't there yet. I kept checking every so
often
> and it remained this way. Then after finishing with the active job in the
> n0216-1050c3 queue, the job was finally moved to n0216-1050c1.
>
> Is this how it's supposed to work?
>
> I guess what I'm asking is, how can I move a job from an active queue to
an
> active queue and have the move be immediate?
>
> Errol Fouquet - UNIX SysAdmin
> Minerals Management Service, DOI
>
> P.S. Patrick ... sorry about sending this directly to you the first time!
> >From now on I'll use the list.
Can you say 'BUG' ?
It looks like is it in the latest version of LPRng as well.
Here is what happens. When the LPD server scans the queue it puts
the jobs in FIFO order. Apparently 'moved' jobs come at the END of
the list, rather than the start. I need to change the order so that
they come at the START of the list.
Patrick Powell
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
YOU MUST BE A LIST MEMBER IN ORDER TO POST TO THE LPRNG MAILING LIST
The address you post from MUST be your subscription address
If you need help, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or lprng-requests
or lprng-digest-requests) with the word 'help' in the body. For the
impatient,
to subscribe to a list with name LIST, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with: | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr> | subscribe lprng-digest [EMAIL PROTECTED]
unsubscribe LIST <mailaddr> | unsubscribe lprng [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you have major problems, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU MUST BE A LIST MEMBER IN ORDER TO POST TO THE LPRNG MAILING LIST
The address you post from MUST be your subscription address
If you need help, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or lprng-requests
or lprng-digest-requests) with the word 'help' in the body. For the impatient,
to subscribe to a list with name LIST, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with: | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr> | subscribe lprng-digest [EMAIL PROTECTED]
unsubscribe LIST <mailaddr> | unsubscribe lprng [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you have major problems, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------