On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, John Perkins wrote:

> > I'm trying to upgrade an older lprng installation to LPRng-3.8.0.
> > I keep getting this error message when I'm trying to print from
> > workstations:
> >
> > Read_file_list: cannot stat required file '/etc/lpd.conf' - No such file
> > or directory
> >
> > The server runs Solaris 6, workstations Solaris 8. We don't run lpd on the
> > workstations. I put require_configfiles@ and
> > force_localhost@ in lpd.conf, didn't help.
>
> You probably don't want force_localhost@ on the server...just put that on the
> clients.

We don't run lprng on the clients, only on a central server, so there
shouldn't be _any_ lprng related files on the workstations. That's the way
we're running it now with lprng 3.4.1. I had to go back to the old version
again, since I just could get it to work with 3.8.0. I'll try again soon
and then you'll probably hear from me again...

-Johan Bengtsson

--
http://www.dd.chalmers.se/~elijah/