Issue #885 has been updated by Soisik Froger.

Hi,

Some repositories referenced in the repositories and pluginsRepositories
sections of the pom.xml are no longer functional.

Environment : Apache Maven 3.0.2 & Java 1.6

* https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/repositories/codehaus-snapshots/

- Problem :
This repository does not exist anymore, See
https://support.mulesoft.com/s/article/Codehaus-org-Maven-repositories-shutdown

- Solution :
As advised in above link, any references to this repositories should be removed
of pom.xml.

* http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2

- Problem : The repository is still there, but all requests are redirected to
http://maven.ibiblio.org/maven2/. Our version of maven-compiler-plugin (2.3.2)
does not seem to handle redirections properly : Instead it stores the 301 http
result in the repository in place of pom & jar files, resulting in build
failure when he tries to read them :

Downloading:
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/directory/api/api-all/1.0.0-M22/api-all-1.0.0-M22.pom
[WARNING] Checksum validation failed, expected <html> but is
b113767b47336dcc165c5dd2222b5df4cb86b7ce for
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/directory/api/api-all/1.0.0-M22/api-all-1.0.0-M22.pom
[...]
[ERROR] error: error reading
/home/sfroger/.m2/repository/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.6.0/slf4j-api-1.6.0.jar;
error in opening zip file

- Solution :
I'm not clear on why lsc team project choose to use this mirror as a repository
in the first place; My guess is the purpose was to improve building
performances. Feel free to provide information on that matter.

According to https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html,
the only official maven mirror is the European central :
    <mirror>
      <id>UK</id>
      <name>UK Central</name>
      <url>http://uk.maven.org/maven2</url>
      <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>

Other mirrors (including our http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/)
referenced in http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/.meta/repository-metadata.xml
are not supported by maven ("These mirrors may not have the same contents and
we don't support them in any way.")

Since I'm in europe, setting the mirror UK central in my settings.xml seems to
improve build performances noticeably when dependencies are downloaded. I've
removed the mirror http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2 from pom.xml
with no issue (build complete fine), since I see no reason to keep it.

Notes :
. Upgrading the maven-compiler-plugin will be done in another issue.
. All dependencies downloaded that way will need to be purged before attempting
a new mvn build after removing the offending repository.
. System that already have all dependencies in local mvn repository may not
encounter this issue.

Since project cannot currently build without this fix, we should patch 2.1.4
and 2.2.0 releases to come.

Bug #885: Broken repositories in pom.xml : shut down/changed behaviour
http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/885

[...]

Note :
[...]

So :
- Since I'm in europe, setting the mirror UK central in my settings.xml seems
to improve build performances noticeably when dependencies are downloaded.
- I've removed the mirror http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2 from
pom.xml with no issue (build complete fine), since I see no reason to keep it.

Note : Upgrading the maven-compiler-plugin will be done in another issue.

--
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it,
or are involved in it.