Dave -

IGP flooding on a link is by specification bidirectional.
It is OK if A arbitrarily decides not to initiate flooding an LSP to neighbor
B, but the meaning of unidirectional flooding implies that A is allowed to
reject incoming LSPs if they are received from B. This would require
implementation changes which I think are undesirable.

It isn't clear that there is a requirement to do so - and after private
conversation with Jakob - it seems that is not what he intended. But it is that
concept which Peter and I (at least) are finding undesirable.

HTH

   Les