Speaking as document shepherd, I agree with Alvaro as to the placement of the
normative text.
Thanks,
ACEE

From: Alvaro Retana <alvaro.ret...@futurewei.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at 8:54 PM
To: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <nore...@ietf.org>, Mirja Kühlewind
<i...@kuehlewind.net>, The IESG <i...@ietf.org>
Cc: Acee Lindem <a...@cisco.com>, "draft-ietf-ospf-xaf...@ietf.org"
<draft-ietf-ospf-xaf...@ietf.org>, "lsr-cha...@ietf.org" <lsr-cha...@ietf.org>,
"lsr@ietf.org" <lsr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-06:
(with COMMENT)

On July 30, 2019 at 11:44:20 AM, Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker
(nore...@ietf.org<mailto:nore...@ietf.org>) wrote:

[Speaking as an author.]

Mirja:

Hi!

COMMENT:

Sec 1: "This document updates [RFC5786] so that a router can also announce
one or more local X-AF addresses using the corresponding Local
Address sub-TLV. Routers using the Node Attribute TLV [RFC5786] can
include non-TE enabled interface addresses in their OSPF TE
advertisements, and also use the same sub-TLVs to carry X-AF
information, facilitating the mapping described above."
I wonder if this text should use normative language (s/can/MAY/) as this is the
part that actually updates RFC5786, however, I didn't check the exact wording
in RFC5786...

We left the Normative language in Section 3, where the actual specification is
made.

I don’t have a strong opinion as to whether there’s a need for it in the
Introduction…so I’ll defer to the AD.

Thanks!

Alvaro.