Mitchell,

>                       I think we/you are looking at two different problems:
> 1) a hop count of 1 or maybe two between the two end points 2) and the
> multiple / many hop count between the two end points.

IS-IS adjacencies are always between immediate L3 neighbors, ignoring strange
things like tunneling.

>                       Thus, I think that your issue is mostly the #2 problem
> and the problem that most CA algorithms IMO always try to increase capacity
> and thus at some point must exceed capacity. TCP must find a range of
> capacity per flow (assuming a consistent a number of packets per sec).
> However, what is maybe missed (I missed it in the document) is the ability
> not to overshoot the TCP threshold point and trigger multiple initial
> congestion events in/exiting the slow-start phase.

Modern router designs have interface bandwidths from 10-400Gb/s.  The CPU would
be hard pressed to supply 1Gb/s, therefore for most of the circumstances that
we’re concerned about, the link capacity is never the issue.

Tony