Tianran,

On 02/06/2020 10:25, Tianran Zhou wrote:
Peter,

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Psenak [mailto:ppse...@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 4:10 PM
To: Tianran Zhou <zhoutian...@huawei.com>; lsr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc-15.txt

Tianran,

On 02/06/2020 08:14, Tianran Zhou wrote:
Hi Peter,

I do not understand how RFC8667 relates to ELC signaling.

RFC 8667 - IS-IS Extensions for Segment Routing

RFC 8667 "have been defined to signal labels", but "This draft defines a mechanism
to signal the ELC using IS-IS."

yes, and as labels are now signaled by IGPs, we provide a method to signal
ELC/ERLD by IGPs as well.

ZTR> RFC8667 signals different SID.

no, RFC8667 is ISIS extension for SR MPLS.

But draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc is about entropy label. Or do you mean entropy
label is also signaled by IGP?

no, entropy label is not signaled AFAIK.

On the other hand, RFC 8667 is the extension for segment routing.
Is this draft only for segment routing, or be generic?

the requirement document is RFC8662, which is SR specific.

ZTR> "This draft" I mean draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc. So is
draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc SR specific?

SR was a primary motivation.

regards,
Peter

Thanks,
Tianran

Another thing I am not clear is the difference between "multi-area" and
"multi-domain" here after:
     "Even though ELC is a property of the node, in some cases it is
     advantageous to associate and advertise the ELC with a prefix.  In a
     multi-area network, routers may not know the identity of the prefix
     originator in a remote area, or may not know the capabilities of such
     originator.  Similarly, in a multi-domain network, the identity of
     the prefix originator and its capabilities may not be known to the
     ingress LSR."

multi area is single IGP with multiple areas. Mutli domain is multiple IGPs.

thanks,
Peter

Tianran