Hi Peter,

Thanks. Please see inline <Yali3>.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Psenak [mailto:ppse...@cisco.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:53 PM
To: wangyali <wangyal...@huawei.com>; lsr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc-15.txt

Yali,

please see inline:

On 04/06/2020 05:09, wangyali wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Please see inline <Yali2>. Thanks.

the reason is to support inter-area and inter-domain cases, where node
attributes are not visible, but prefix attributes are.
<Yali3>Appreciate. While AFAIK, OSPFv2 type-11 RI Opaque LSAs and OSPFv3
S1S2-01 RI Opaque LSAs are flooded  throughout the Autonomous System. For the
Inter-Area flooding scope, I am not clear what is the difference?

>>> Third, as said " If the router supports ELs on all of its interfaces, it
>>> SHOULD advertise the ELC with every local host prefix it advertises in
>>> OSPF.", what is the "every local host prefix"?
>>
>> it's a locally generated host prefix.
>>

>>> Last one, as defined that ERLD is advertised in a Node MSD TLV, why the
>>> ERLD-MSD type can be received in the OSPFv2 or OSPFv3 Link MSD sub-TLV? "
>>> When the ERLD-MSD type is received in the OSPFv2 or OSPFv3 Link MSD Sub-TLV
>>> [RFC8476], it MUST be ignored."
>>
>> yes, what's wrong with that statement?
>> <Yali> I think it will not happen. Why is it necessary to specify this case?
>
> If someone sends this as link MSD, we need to say how to deal with it as in
> general MSDs can be send as node or link attributes.
> <Yali2> OK. I think I got your point and I read sec.4 again. So ERLD
> advertisement in a Node MSD TLV [RFC8476] is an optional method but not
> mandatory, is it right?

correct.

thanks,
Peter