Tony,

> If we rely on controller fixing LPM as well under failures then really, who
> needs IGPs anymore anyway except for bunch of loopbacks and SPF for the
> controller to do all the FIB work and hence discussions like high hierarchies
> or anisotropic routing are largely superfluous me thinks ;-)

A fair point that many seem to agree with. The IGP provides topology for the
controller and it simply dominates the control plane. The issue, of course, is
recovery.  The IGP is still a necessity to provide reachability to the
controller and to deal with failure recovery.

I agree that people who do go down the controller path may avoid certain
issues. It also seems to be true that folks who avoid the controller path avoid
other issues.

Choose your battles…