> On Jun 21, 2020, at 12:50 PM, tony...@tony.li wrote:
>

> Les,
>
>> We don’t have to resolve this now.
>> One of my motivations for sending this was related to Early Allocation of
>> code points. Since you have already asked once, I am assuming that if WG
>> adoption is achieved it will be swiftly followed by an early allocation
>> request – and as one of the Designated Experts I wanted to share my concerns
>> sooner rather than later.
>

> I appreciate that.  Do others share Les’ perspective on the relative
> tradeoffs?  Especially our other Desginated Experts?

[Designated Expert hat]

I agree that we should try and reduce the number of top-level TLV allocations
being made here.

[WG member hat]

I think using router capabilities to eliminate the Area Proxy TLV is one
choice, and you shouldn't be afraid of storing some capability related extra
octets in it, plenty of other users do this already.

However, if you're still going to need a top-level TLV for "Inside Node"
(perhaps b/c we fear using a Router Capability TLVs in pseudo-node?), then why
not create a single top level "Area Proxy TLV" for all Area Proxy uses (i.e.,
make the current "Area Proxy TLV" and "Inside Node TLV" sub-TLVs of that
top-level container) instead?

Thanks,
Chris.
[see above for hats]