Hi Aijun,

On 30/07/2020 13:44, Aijun Wang wrote:
Hi, Peter:
Currently, we have the following consideration:
1. If not all of the ABRs announce the unreachability of the specified
prefix(the specified prefix is still up), such PUA information will continue
advertising by the unreachable ABRs.

so the behavior of ABR is going to be dependent on the behavior of the the other ABR(s)? That is a very thin ice you are dancing on.

2. If all of the ABRs announce the PUA of the specified prefix, such
information will be announced for a configurable duration, to make sure other
protocol(for example BGP) that based on the specified prefix has converged.

well, the problem is that no mater what is your configured time to advertise the un-reachability, you have no way of knowing whether the resource that became unreachable have done so intentionally and whether it will ever come back. And guessing based on the timer is not going to make it much better I'm afraid.

thanks,
Peter

How about the above consideration and
Do you have other thoughts ?