Hi Peter,

> section 5.1 of the draft-ietf-lsr-flex-algo says:
>
> Min Unidirectional Link Delay as defined in [I-D.ietf-isis-te-app].
>
> We explicitly say "Min Unidirectional Link Delay", so this cannot be mixed
> with other delay values (max, average).

The problem is that that does not exactly match “Unidirectional Link Delay” or
“Min/Max Unidirectional Link Delay”, leading to the ambiguity. Without a clear
match, you leave things open to people guessing. Now, it’s a metriic, so of
course, you always want to take the min.  So type 33 seems like a better match.

> section 7.3. of ietf-isis-te-app says:
>
> Type   Description                          Encoding
>                                            Reference
> 34      Min/Max Unidirectional Link Delay    RFC8570

And it also says:

33      Unidirectional Link Delay            RFC8570
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8570>

This does not help.

> So, IMHO what we have now is correct and sufficient, but I have no issue
> adding the text you proposed below.

What you have now is ambiguous. We have a responsibility, as writers of
specifications, to be precise and clear.  We are not there yet.

> BTW, before I posted 09 version of flex-algo draft, I asked if you were fine
> with just referencing ietf-isis-te-app in 5.1. I thought you were, as you did
> not indicate otherwise.

My bad, I should have pressed the issue.

> Anyway, I consider this as a pure editorial issue and hopefully not something
> that would cause you to object the WG LC of the flex-algo draft.

I’m sorry, I think that this is trivially resolved, but important clarification.

You also have an author’s email that is bouncing, so at least one more spin is
required.

Sorry,
Tony