From: lsr-boun...@ietf.org <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Shraddha
Hegde
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 1:20 PM
To: Tony Li <tony...@tony.li>; Aijun Wang <wangai...@tsinghua.org.cn>
Cc: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsb...@cisco.com>; Gyan Mishra
<hayabusa...@gmail.com>; Christian Hopps <cho...@chopps.org>; lsr <lsr@ietf.
org>; Acee Lindem (acee) <a...@cisco.com>; Tony Przygienda <tonysietf@gmail.
com>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] 【Responses for Comments on PUAM Draft】RE: IETF 112 LSR
Meeting Minutes

WG,

MPLS egress protection framework RFC 8679 provides a mechanism to locally
protect the traffic during

PE failures. The concepts can be applied to SRv6 as well. This mechanism is
much more efficient and quick because it locally provides fast protection

And switchover to the other PE.

If you compare this  to  the mechanisms being discussed in this thread where
the failure information is being

propagated by the egress PE to ABR and then  ABR to the ingress, the
failover is going to be much slower.

The egress protection technology does not flood any information outside of
the domain and hence does not

affect the IGP scale.

This is a valid alternate solution to solve the problem at hand IMO.

I would be interested to see if people have use cases where egress
protection can’t be applied.

Rgds

Shraddha

Juniper Business Use Only