From: Lsr [mailto:lsr-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Shraddha Hegde
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2021 12:11 PM
To: Aijun Wang <wangai...@tsinghua.org.cn>; 'Tony Li' <tony...@tony.li>
Cc: 'Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)' <ginsb...@cisco.com>; 'Gyan Mishra'
<hayabusa...@gmail.com>; 'Christian Hopps' <cho...@chopps.org>; 'lsr'
<lsr@ietf.org>; 'Acee Lindem (acee)' <a...@cisco.com>; 'Tony Przygienda'
<tonysi...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] 【Responses for Comments on PUAM Draft】RE: IETF 112 LSR
Meeting Minutes

Aijun,

There are multiple possible solutions for the SR-Policy mid-point failure
scenario
1.       Use anycast SID as mid-points for redundancy
2.       Mid-point failure local protection by looking up next sid (This is
probably the one you pointed out)
3.       E2E S-BFD for SR-Policy  path liveness detection

If you punch a hole in the summary, the other area nodes come to know about the
mid-point failure
and remove the failed node reachability. It is not clear how that is solving
the SR-Policy liveness problem.

Rgds
Shraddha

Juniper Business Use Only