From: Robert Raszuk <rob...@raszuk.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 9:06 AM
To: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsb...@cisco.com>
Cc: Peter Psenak (ppsenak) <ppse...@cisco.com>; lsr <lsr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] BGP vs PUA/PULSE

Les,

For all maintenance purposes there is need to drain the traffic from the router
before hitting reload or powering it off.

Sure services can be removed for that. But since Peter claims we need to care
about networks where no BGP is used how do I indicate domain wide that I am
going to bring the box down gracefully when it still is forwarding packets in
flight such that ingress points can gracefully switch it to a backup paths.

To me PULSE could fit that bill. But it seems you are resisting to use it in
such way. So the question stands - how to do it ?

Thx,
R.

On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 5:58 PM Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)