> I have stated that “IF” additional functionality is required from BFD

No one says so, It would be not realistic to require for BFD to come up in
a hidden mode, operate for timer X then when timer X expires signal that to
clients. And this is precisely what you are suggesting as a push back.

It is client thing to delay their action according to the operational
needs.

Many thx,
R.