Hi Acee,

> There was debate regarding making the delay timer described in section 5
a normative requirement.

I see added into new version of the draft the following text into section
5:

   The use of OSPF BFD strict-
   mode along with mechanisms such as hold-down
*(a delay in the initial   OSPF adjacency bringup following BFD session
establishment)* and/or
   dampening
*(a delay in the OSPF adjacency bringup following failure   detected by
BFD)* may help reduce the frequency of adjacency flaps and
   therefore reduce the associated routing churn.

Not sure if this is normative or informative, but it addresses my point.

Thx,
Robert.