Hi -

Let me get this straight.  WG A standardized types X and Y years ago,
and support for these has presumably been implemented in some number
of tools, which in turn have been used to develop some unknowable
number of products, whose deployment is even more unknowable.

WG B comes along, and wants to use X, but dislikes the name, preferring
to call it Y instead.  WG B then demands that A rename X to Y, with
no regard to the process for managing changes to types nor to the
collateral damage resulting from the changed definition of Y.

That we should even be bothering with this discussion is the kind of
thing that gives standards organizations a bad name.

Randy