Hi Robert,

On 17/05/2022 12:11, Robert Raszuk wrote:

Actually I would like to further clarify if workaround 1 is even doable ...

It seems to me that the IP flexalgo paradigm does not have a way for more granular then destination prefix forwarding.

that is correct. In IP flex-algo the prefix itself is bound to the algorithm.

So if I have http traffic vs streaming vs voice going to the same load balancer (same dst IP address) there seems to be no way to map some traffic (based on say port number) to take specific topology.

no, you can not do that with IP flex-algo.

That's pretty coarse and frankly very limiting for applicability of IP flex-algo. If I am correct the draft should be very explicit about this before publication.

please look at the latest version of the draft, section 3:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lsr-ip-flexalgo#section-3

thanks,
Peter

Kind regards