Dear LSR WG,

Based on ongoing discussion in respect to the future of BGP-LS I
committed myself to put together an alternate proposal.

The main goal is not to just publish a -00 version of the draft using
different encapsulation. The goal is to make a useful tool which can help
to export link state information from network elements as well as assist in
network observability.

The IGP Monitoring Protocol (IMP) draft has been posted and should be
available at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-raszuk-lsr-imp/

One of the key points I wanted to accomplish was full backwards
compatibility with TLVs defined for BGP-LS. In parallel other formats
(optional) are also supported.

The PUB-SUB nature or FILTERING capabilities are in the spec however as
noted in the deployment section there is no expectation that this should be
supported directly on routers. Concept of Producer's Proxies has been
introduced to support this added functionality as well as provide fan-out
(analogy to BGP route reflectors).

I encourage everyone interested to take a look and provide comments. At
this point this document is nothing more than my individual submission.
Offline I have had few conversations with both operators and vendors
expressing some level of interest in this work. How we proceed further (if
at all :) depends on WG feedback.

Kind regards,
Robert.

PS, I do believe this work belongs in LSR WG pretty squerly.