Louis -

I think our discussion is wrapping up - thanx for the thoughtful exchange.
I still have limited enthusiasm for the draft - but I understand it better now.

As others have mentioned in other emails, the big gap here is describing the
problem to be solved. The draft is too weighted on the protocol extensions and
too light on the need for the extensions.
Please consider this if you intend to put out new versions of the draft.

A few more directed comments on the mechanics - which I am top posting.

1)In regards to adj-sid flags (particularly B and P), it is wrong to think that
only one adj-sid/algo may be allocated for a given interface.
Implementations can (and do) allocate multiple. The use case is easier to
justify for protected/non-protected than persistent/non-persistent - but I am
aware of implementations that support all of the above in parallel.
I think this argues for the elimination of the flags field in the offset
sub-TLVs. Just inherit whatever is advertised in algo 0.

2)It is still wrong to say that adj-sid advertisements only impact the node
which advertises them.
Other nodes in the network use the adj-sid advertisements - specifically in
setting up TI-LFAs. So you cannot deploy the new advertisements safely with
only partial deployment.

3)You seem to make the assumption that the entire range of MPLS labels (1M) is
available for allocation. That is not my experience. Platforms often have
limited support.
So the assumption that you can sparsely assign label ranges in anticipation of
future expansion of scale may not be safe. Maybe the nodes that will need to
support such scale will support the full label range - but I am not sure that
is a safe assumption.
In any case it is a requirement that ought to be called out.

Thanx again for the useful discussion.

    Les