Acee -

From: Acee Lindem <acee.i...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2023 10:33 AM
To: Acee Lindem <acee.i...@gmail.com>
Cc: lsr <lsr@ietf.org>; draft-ietf-lsr-isis-fast-flood...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Working Group Last Call for "IS-IS Fast Flooding" -
draft-ietf-lsr-isis-fast-flooding-04

I support publication.

I’ve done the shepherds review and have some editorial comments that I think
will improve the readability (attached). Some of these are definitely
subjective and optional. Others are obvious editorial comments (e.g.,
correction of minimumLSPTransmission-Interval to not have a hyphen).

I also have the following comments:

   1. In section 6.2.2.1, does the sending rate really increases as the Round
Trip Time (RTT) increases? This is counter-intuitive. It seems to me that the
rate would increase as the RTT decreases?
   2. I notice you use “:=“ for assignment in the algorithm descriptions. Is
there a convention for this rather than just using “=“? Reminds me of ALGOL-68
;^)
[LES:] I will let Bruno/Guillaume address the above

   3. The algorithms in section 6 are non-normative, yet there is some
normative language, e.g., MUST. Either the algorithm sub-sections need to
clearly delineated or if all of section 6 is non-normative, lowercase must be
used.

[LES:] You want lower case – or do you want SHOULD ?
There are instances of upper case SHOULD – but you did not comment on them.
??