Yao –

A few comments…

While I appreciate that the limits you are defining are different than any of
the limits currently supported by the IGP MSD-Types registry, I think they
still fall conceptually into the same generic bucket i.e., you want to
advertise a limit related to a type of packet encapsulation used for forwarding.
I see no need to create a new registry nor consume a new sub-TLV code point.
The existing IGP MSD registry is very appropriate.

It is not within the purview of the LSR WG to define these new limits. This
needs to be discussed in the MPLS and SPRING WGs, respectively, and preferably
the definitions of the new parameters and discussion of how they can be used is
part of a document in each WG.
The IGP draft then simply becomes a definition of how to advertise values
defined in referenced documents from MPLS/SPRING. The IGP draft is still needed
but must be preceded by the MPLS/SPRING work.
I suggest you put this draft on hold for now.

The Introduction discusses the parameters as limits to the processing
capability of a given node (or link). If a packet were to arrive with an encap
exceeding this limit it can be assumed that the packet would not be forwarded
correctly.
This makes sense. However, in Section 5 you introduce the phrase “node can read
from an incoming [MPLS/IPv6] packet without performance impact” – which
suggests that a node could indeed process the packet correctly – but it might
be slower than packets received below the limit.
I have difficulty understanding the operational definition of “performance
impact” (Is 10% degradation OK but 50% not OK??) and its use is inconsistent
with the description in the Introduction.
I would expect that when these terms are discussed/defined by the MPLS/SPRING
WGs this confusion will be eliminated – and at that point the IGP draft will
simply reference definitions in other drafts – but I did want to highlight this
inconsistency.

Thanx for listening.

   Les