Chris -

Thanx for the reply - and glad to see we seem to be headed in the same
direction.

Just wanted to clarify that the MP draft does NOT advocate partial deployment.
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-pkaneria-lsr-multi-tlv-04.html#name-deployment-considerations
 recommends:

  *   Implementations provide a knob to control the use of MP-TLV
  *   Implementations report an alarm if an MP-TLV is received when use of
MP-TLVs is disabled.
  *   Implementations report an alarm if local LSP generation requires the use
of MP-TLVs when generation of MP-TLVs is disabled.

Following these guidelines, MP-TLVs would only be present in a network when the
control is set to use them AND the operator enters a config which requires
sending more than 255 bytes. And violations of these conditions would be
reported.

   Les