To add to what Ketan has stated…

draft-wang-lsr-prefix-unreachable-annoucement defines the same mechanism for
both OSPF and IS-IS i.e., it proposes to use a prefix-originator sub-TLV with
address set to 0.0.0.0 to indicate unreachability.
For OSPF, this might be considered compatible with RFC 9084 where it is stated
that advertisements with “Router ID field set to 0 MUST be considered invalid
and ignored” - though Ketan has indicated this usage is undesirable.
However, no equivalent statement was ever made for IS-IS in RFC 7794 – so this
simply does not work in the case of IS-IS.
I (among others) pointed this out to the authors of draft-wang multiple times
over the years, but my feedback was ignored.

Which is an example of why I would like to echo Ketan’s sentiments – let’s
please put an end to this non-constructive discussion.

The authors of draft-wang have had many opportunities over the years to respond
in a more constructive way to feedback. They were also – as Peter has indicated
– given an opportunity to co-author draft-ietf-lsr-igp-ureach-prefix-announce
out of respect for them bringing the problem space to the attention of the WG.
They declined – which of course is their right. But they do not have the right
to endlessly oppose the consensus of the WG.

Let’s please move on.

   Les