Some additional thoughts regarding the “name”…

I can understand why people are averse to an old ISO acronym like “PICS” – but
there are some accurately chosen words in that acronym. Let’s examine this:

P = Protocol
This is redundant – implicit given this is about IS-IS
Not needed

I = Implementation
What is being described is the state of an implementation.
Needed
I don’t think any of the suggested alternatives (“support” “functionality”
“feature”) are as appropriate.

C = Conformance
Yes – we are reporting conformance – but what else would we report?
Non-conformance??
Not needed

S = Statement
A noun to define “what” is being produced.
This is needed – but I think there are a number of synonyms which might be
equally as apt: “Report” “Description” “Information” “Summary” “Record”
“Declaration”

My first choice:  ietf-isis-implementation-description.yang, isis-id (YANG
Module for IS-IS Implementation Description)
My second choice:  ietf-isis-implementation-declaration.yang, isis-id (YANG
Module for IS-IS Implementation Declaration)

Some additional notes:
I have to admit I was tempted to choose “isis-implementation-statement” – which
could lead to the abbreviation “is-is-is” – but I thought better of it. 😊
I also considered “isis-implementation-report” – but as “implementation-report”
is already used in the IETF for a different purpose I thought it would be
confusing.

   Les