From: Lsr [mailto:lsr-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of bruno.decra...@orange.com
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2023 6:51 PM
To: Tony Li <tony...@tony.li>; draft-pkaneria-lsr-multi-...@ietf.org
Cc: Yingzhen Qu <yingzhen.i...@gmail.com>; lsr <lsr@ietf.org>; Aijun Wang
<wangai...@tsinghua.org.cn>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] WG Adoption Call - draft-pkaneria-lsr-multi-tlv (11/17/2023
- 12/09/2023)

Hi authors,

Ø  We are documenting existing behavior, codifying what we believe most
implementations are already doing

Could the authors share with the WG what are those existing behaviors (TLVs
supporting MP-TLV) and implementations?

Many be this is a reason for some disconnect as
-       On one hand, if all implementations already support MP-TLV for all TLVs
indicated in this draft, then there is less deployment issues/risks. (Although
there are still some risks as not all nodes will get the support at the same
time, in particular for legacy platforms which will lack the MP TLV support for
years)
-       On the other hand, if only a couple of implementations support MP-TLV
for a couple of TLVs,  the risk seems much higher.

If this is not known (1), we can’t assume that this is safe and deployable
without risk.

(1) or not sharable for some reasons, although a priori vendors should be proud
of their innovations

Ø  If the MP-TLV support capability declaration  doesn’t mean support all
relevant TLVs, and conform to the draft can’t assure the interoperability,
then, what the purpose of this draft?
Same question with :s/draft/capability
Although I believe I had already raised that point.

Regards,
--Bruno