From: Huaimo Chen <huaimo.c...@futurewei.com>
Sent: Friday, December 8, 2023 5:46 AM
To: Tony Przygienda <tonysi...@gmail.com>
Cc: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsberg=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>;
li_zhenqi...@hotmail.com; Tony Li <tony...@tony.li>; Linda Dunbar
<linda.dun...@futurewei.com>; Yingzhen Qu <yingzhen.i...@gmail.com>;
draft-pkaneria-lsr-multi-...@ietf.org; lsr <lsr@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [Lsr] WG Adoption Call - draft-pkaneria-lsr-multi-tlv (11/17/2023
- 12/09/2023)

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply.
My responses are inline below with [HC2].

Best Regards,
Huaimo

Huaimo, first, I fail to see how 8202 has anything to do with this discussion.
[HC2]: RFC 8202 defines Instance Identifier TLV (IID-TLV for short), which has
TLV type 7. When IID-TLV > 255 (i.e., its value > 255), RFC 8202 specifies a
way or approach to encode/decode it (IID-TLV > 255). So, it is related to this
discussion.

Did you try to implement and deploy 5311 in real networks and seen the
operational impact ? and are you suggesting that we need to have that deployed
as precondition for big-tlv idea ?
[HC2]: No. RFC 5311 is not a precondition for Big-TLV.

'nuff said ...

-- tony

On Thu, Dec 7, 2023 at 3:12 PM Huaimo Chen