I hesitate to prolong a discussion which is less important than many other
things before the WG – but I do think there are better choices than sticking
with a name which is not apt – names are of some importance.

Inline…

From: Liyan Gong <gongli...@chinamobile.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2024 7:14 PM
To: tom petch <ie...@btconnect.com>; Yingzhen Qu <yingzhen.i...@gmail.com>;
Christian Hopps <cho...@chopps.org>
Cc: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsb...@cisco.com>; jie.d...@huawei.com;
AceeLindem <acee.i...@gmail.com>; Gyan Mishra <hayabusa...@gmail.com>; lsr
<lsr@ietf.org>; lsr-chairs <lsr-cha...@ietf.org>; ketan Talaulikar
<ketant.i...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re:Re: [Lsr]
WGAdoptionCall-draft-gong-lsr-ospf-unreachable-link(02/23/24 - 03/08/24)

Hi All,

Sincerely appreciate all your remainder and suggestion.

About whether to change the draft name, here are the feedbacks we have received.

1) Do not change

LES: For those who have concerns about confusion caused by a document  name
change, I have to say I think this is a misplaced concern and pedantic.
(Apologies Tom…)

If one looks at the content of Datatracker for any draft/RFC, you will see
there is a very clear history of all versions of the draft under all of the
names that may have been used along the way – and the Datatracker page is
easily found by searching under any of the draft names.

2) Change to: ietf-lsr-ospf-max-link-metric-00

3) Change to: ietf-lsr-ospf-ls-link-infinity-00

[LES:] I would be happy with either alternate choice. But the current
“unreachable” is completely inaccurate in terms of the functionality being
defined. (Apologies to Acee…)

I personally think that option 1) might be better, not changing, as it helps
for better tracking of the document's history.

In comparison to the name, the title abbreviation may be more helpful and
permanent for understanding the document.

Therefore, I would like to update the abbreviation in subsequent versions.
e.g.,from “Advertising Unreachable Links in OSPF”to “Advertising Infinity Links
in OSPF”.

[LES:] I suppose something is better than nothing, but I really don’t see the
justification for halfway measures.

That’s it for me on this topic.

   Les

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks
again.

Best Regards,

Liyan