Hi Les,

> Knowledge of whether a given prefix is Anycast has proven useful in
existing deployments

Would you be so kind and enlighten us with a few practical examples in
which you exhibit practical usefulness of this flag at the IGP level?

More basic question - is this set by CLI or is there a special protocol
algorithm which set such flag ? If it is the latter, can you explain it ?

So if suddenly one src of such anycast goes down rest of the area still
thinks it is anycast ?

>From the BGP side of things indeed for basic IPv4/IPv6 concept of ghost
loopbacks were used as next hops which indeed were advertised as anycast
addresses. Is that one example in which you would hope that BGP prefers a
path if the next hop is an anycast address as told by IGP ? And you push
that "automation" to operators to prefer such paths by manual configuration
?

And to second Bruno's question - what is IGP's definition of an anycast
address ?

Many thx,
Robert