Hello Gajanan,

Wednesday, December 11, 2002, 11:37:53 AM, you wrote:

GG> Hi All,
GG>    We hav already implemented k12LTSP on Intel
GG> Platform.But now we want it to install on a Digital
GG> Alpha 4100 Server. Can we run the LTSP package on the
GG> digital alpha server.

I don't see why not, if it does the following:

- run dhcpd (configurable for, you know....etherboot and stuff)
- run tftpd and nfsserver
- run any xdmcp compatible windowmanager - look if there is a setup so
that you can allow access to it from anywhere, and run "X -query
ip.of.alpha.server" on some linux-box to try it out
- exports some /opt/ltsp/i386 tree to the linux clients.

For now, I think you need to configure the services from hand as there
are few scripts, but that was something I think I could guide you
through even by e-mail. Perhaps someone has documented this some time
before? My brain refuses to tell me if there really was a thread about
running ltsp on non-linux server some time ago.
The ltsp-packages themselves get NOT executed on the server (except
the installation scripts, that you would have to simulate by hand)
only need to be exported via nfs.

Best regards,
 Anselm                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]