Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:
> Onsdag 20 december 2006 14:53 skrev Noel:
>
>> Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:

>> Please try one thing at terminal from within KDE:
>>
>> send some sound to /dev/dsp (you can use mpg321 or any other command
>> line player that uses OSS, or simply cat /vmlinuz>/dev/dsp) to see (and
>> hear) if libraries are BEING preloaded and thus OSS->ESD redirection is
>> working. The point is not only to have 'esdplayers' working, but to have
>> libraries preloaded to have 'ossplayers' working and redirecting to ESD.
>>
>> Noel
>> er Envite
>>

> Hi again,
>
> - brilliant idea, I understand more now :-)
> - alas,not a sound. Silence!
>
> (from /boot as a normal user, I did: "cat vmlinuz > /dev/dsp")
> That should have been rather noisy...
> the rights of /dev/dsp is "crw-rw----", owned by vk:audio
> As I'm vk that should be ok.

echo $LD_PRELOAD
to see if esd->dsp libraries really are there.

then, modify the script and add a nonexistent library to the LD_PRELOAD
line and restart KDE session to see if your system is honoring
$LD_PRELOAD. If it is, every single command in a Konsole must warn you
about being unable to load that library (internal bash commands doesn't
count, use real commands). If you are not warned about that, then
$LD_PRELOAD is being ignored by your system.

By the way... Are your loudspeakers plugged and switched on? It uses to
enhance sound (just kidding ;)  )

Noel
er Envite