Hello Community

I am happy to announce the release of KIWI-LTSP 0.5.0. This time
around there is a big version bump as I now consider LTSP5
implementation on openSUSE production ready.

Release Notes:

* Based on KIWI v2.75
  This fixes one critical bug that prevented low end hardwares like
LTSP 150 from booting, now they should work
* LTSP packages are the latest snapshot of today(080912).
  LTSP 5.1.24
  LTSPFS/D 0.5.4
  LDM2-2.0.12 with a patch from Ryan Niebur for fixing input box location
* New volume control variables from Warren and Gadi
  Enable sound volume setting variables from LTSP-4.2.
  VOLUME, HEADPHONE_VOLUME, PCM_VOLUME, CD_VOLUME, FRONT_VOLUME
  Set values higher than default if not specified in lts.conf.
  MIC_VOLUME not set by default, but can be controlled by
/srv/tftpboot/KIWI/lts.conf.
* xrexec script is renamed as ltsp-localapps, so to launch firefox
run: "ltsp-localapps /usr/bin/firefox"[1]

Check out the video here for installation instructions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCDfnImh67E

To update from already installed prebuilt image run these commands as root:

zypper refresh
zypper up -t package -r openSUSE:Tools
zypper up -t package -r server:ltsp

That should update the images provided the repositories are named as above.

More complete information see here: http://en.opensuse.org/Category:LTSP

As always, feedback welcome, our bug tracker is here:
http://devzilla.novell.com/kiwi-ltsp/, if you need any live help drop
into #ltsp (for ltsp only) or #kiwi-ltsp(for anything related to
kiwi-ltsp), I'll be happy to help if around.

Have a lot of fun...

Jigish

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/LTSP/Localapps