>From time to time people view flash video full screen, and it completely hangs
our LTSP server.

"top" shows no issues, "iftop" shows the user using the most bandwidth.

Server is a dual-quadcore xeon processor with 16 gb RAM and gigabit NIC.

I do discourage users from watching videos fullscreen, and if they really need
to - then to use the version of Iceweasel under Local Apps.  As you might
expect this is not a foolproof solution.

Is this experience of the server being completely flooded by a single user
viewing a Flash video normal?

Is there any config that would limit this problem, short of removing Flash
from the server?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks!
--
Chris Roberts

+------------------+--------------------------+
|     Distribution | Debian Lenny             |
|     LTSP Version | 5.2.2-1~bpo50+1          |
|      LDM Version | 2:2.1.2-1~bpo50+1        |
|  Windows Manager | KDE 3.5.10               |
|           Kernel | 2.6.32-bpo.5-686-bigmem  |
|     Distribution | Debian Lenny             |
|     LTSP Version | 5.2.2-1~bpo50+1          |
|      LDM Version | 2:2.1.2-1~bpo50+1        |
|  Windows Manager | KDE 3.5.10               |
|           Kernel | 2.6.26-2-686             |