Some tweaks you can do to get Xorg CPU usage down, in lts.conf:

X_COLOR_DEPTH=16
LDM_DIRECTX=True

Read the manpage for lts.conf what these are exactly.  Enabling
LDM_DIRECTX could pose a security threat on networks where packet
sniffing might be an issue.  On the other hand, if you trust the people
connected to your LTSP network, you could very well enable it.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jan Middelkoop
Recreatie en Zorg Groep B.V.

--