On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:56:48AM -0400, Rohit Jain wrote:
> I have a server with ltsp and ubuntu 11.10. I recently acquired few
> thin clients that do not sure cmov, hence ubuntu 11.10 can not work on
> them. So, I decided to use Debian squeeze for the client distro.
> However, when I build the client, the command terminates with an error
> that locale-gen is not found. Could someone help with this problem?
> The command I used is the following:
>
> sudo ltsp-build-client --arch i386 --dist squeeze --mirror
> http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian

Building a squeeze chroot on an Ubuntu server?

You'll need to make a one-line change to ltsp-build-client, otherwise it will
try to build a debian chroot using the ubuntu plugins.

copy the ltsp-build-client script and modify it to hard-code VENDOR=Debian:

  cp /usr/sbin/ltsp-build-client ~/my-ltsp-build-client
  sed -i -e 's,VENDOR=.*,VENDOR=Debian,g' ~/my-ltsp-build-client
  ~/my-ltsp-build-client --arch i386 --dist squeeze --mirror ...

that should do it, although there might be a few glitches.

we should make that changeable with a commandline option, as with some distros
it's actually totally feasible to install cross-distro.

live well,
  vagrant