I'm experiencing the same issue as Radek and David with xfreerdp and a fresh
12.04 i386 ltsp-pnp

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/ltsp-pnp

It will fully boot to xfreerdp, but then only display a cursor and black
screen: no further prompts or screen redraw from xfreerdp

David's "ps aux | grep rdp" output is similar to mine (same look, different
options).

I've tried removing all RDP options (well, except RDP_SERVER of course), with
no effect.

There is a console available at CTRL + ALT + F1 that works fine for local
ThinClient login.

Any further assistance is greatly appreciated. I'm quite familiar with LTSP and
would be willing to try any suggestions to get this working. Thanks.

Other users affected, links to their messages:

Radek Bursztynowski
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=29369455

David Burgess
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=29343623