When I was first starting with LTSP (9 or 10 years ago?), a kind soul
from Germany had me connect to his machine and then reconnected back
to mine so that he could type commands in the terminal while I
watched. It was the only way I got everything up and running.

Now I'm having my students set up Linux machines at home, and they
inevitably screw up something by leaving off a slash or a dot or being
in the wrong directory when they issue some command. It would be
really convenient to be able to remote-control their terminals, but I
don't  even know what to Google for.

Anyone know of a how-to they could point me to, or what the guy
probably did so I can search for it?

Thanks!
Todd