On 2014-10-03, Bruno Vane wrote:
> I'm using Lubuntu 14.04, dedicated chroot.
> Try this, in /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/<youchroot>/lts.conf, add in [Default]
> section this line:
> LDM_XSESSION=/usr/bin/lxsession -s Lubuntu -e LXDE

This is a poor fix, as you're not running /etc/X11/Xsession at all, or
all the hooks in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/* which set up the environment
properly... so you may find other surprising, extremely difficult to
troubleshoot issues by running this way.

I recommend writing a wrapper script, say /usr/local/bin/lubuntu-custom:

  #!/bin/sh
  exec /usr/bin/lxsession -s Lubuntu -e LXDE

And a corresponding /usr/share/xsessions/lubuntu-custom.desktop file:

  [Desktop Entry]
  Name=Lubuntu-custom
  Comment=LXDE - Lightweight X11 desktop environment
  Exec=/usr/local/bin/lubuntu-custom

And then setting in lts.conf:

  LDM_SESSION=Lubuntu-custom

There are/were bugs in some versions of LDM with handling sessions that
contained Exec lines with multiple parts... which I thought were fixed
in recent versions of LDM, but perhaps not...

Please don't use LDM_XSESSION unless you're actually replacing the
full functionality of /etc/X11/Xsession!

live well,
  vagrant