On 2014-11-16, Michael Pope <mich...@dtcorp.com.au> wrote:
> Booting the thin client with the USB DVD drive connected and DVD
> inserted the user can see the contents of the DVD. If I remove the DVD
> and insert it again whilst logged in, the DVD does not show up in
> /media/<user>/cdrom.
>
> Booting with the USB DVD drive without the DVD inserted, then logging in
> and inserting the DVD it doesn't work
>
> Booting without the usb dvd attached, logging in and then attaching the
> USB DVD drive and inserting the DVD doesn't work either.
>
> So there is a work around at the moment the user just has to shutdown
> and insert the USB DVD & the dvd itself before booting off the server.

That's really useful information...

I suspect it may be issues with cdpinger, which is hopefully fixed in
newer versions of ltspfs by dropping cdpinger entirely and using some
simpler udev rules. I did test with a USB CDROM drive when rewriting
that part of the code, which should work the same...

Debian Jessie currently ships with ltspfs 1.4-1. If you could try with a
Jessie thin client, or alternately rebuilding the newer ltspfs version
for Debian Wheezy... it would be good to know if it fixes your problem.

live well,
  vagrant