I've just been reading up about the new Virtual GPU support for VMs in
Kernel 4.10 and was wondering if this could be used for LTSP clients to
keep applications centralised still but get the GPU of the clients to do
the rendering.

The problem I have at the moment is some applications have to be
installed within the client image such as VLC, my browser, skype this is
due to heavy use of video in these applications.

Could I put my LTSP into a VM and within my thin client image use Kernel
4.10 on an intel GPU compatible thin client and use the thin client
image to connect to a virtual machine on the server which would use the
graphics card of the thin client?

Or

Is there another way in which LTSP could use the gVirt directly to
provide applications which are installed only on the server the ability
to talk directly with the thin clients GPU?

from
Michael