Good day Alkis,

I hope you are doing very well today.

With regards to the situation where users can log into the main server
but cannot log into a thin client, I wanted to follow-up with what you
did.

After you had logged into the server and created the user LTSP using
the command line (instead of Webmin) I went to the school and tested
logging in as the user at a client.  The user could not log in.  The
same issue arises -- the system seems to be loading the desktop, then
it flashes back to the login screen.

I was also able to activate the VT-x in the BIOS and using Virtual
box, the same problem occurred.

I looked in the directory of the LTSP user that you had created and I
can see, after the failed login attempt the following new item:

Directories:
Desktop
Documents
Downloads
Music
Pictures
Public
Templates
Videos

Files:
.cache
.dbus
.Xauthority
.bash_history
.bash_logout
.bashrc
.profile
.xsession-errors

The only one that seemed relevant was .xsession-errors.  The contents
of that file are:

Xsession: X session started for ltsp at Fri May 19 16:50:14 EST 2017
localuser:ltsp being added to access control list
openConnection: connect: No such file or directory
cannot connect to brltty at :0
/etc/X11/Xsession: 3: [: x: unexpected operator
Xsession: X session started for ltsp at Fri May 19 16:58:28 EST 2017
localuser:ltsp being added to access control list
openConnection: connect: No such file or directory
cannot connect to brltty at :0
/etc/X11/Xsession: 3: [: x: unexpected operator

Searching through the logs is throwing up a lot of things because the
username is LTSP!  I can create a new user with a more unique name and
try to search the logs again.  What else could I do?

Thank you!
Joseph